Board Certified Hand Specialist
Edwin D. Vyhmeister, MD is a Board-Certified Hand Surgeon who moved to the playground of Alaska, the Kenai Peninsula.
Dr. Vyhmeister has over 25 years of experience in solving hand, wrist and upper extremity problems. He specializes in treating wrist pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, lacerations, fractures, tendon injuries, nerve pain and upper extremity tumors.
His outside interests include the outdoors, fishing, snow sports and photography.
- 1975-1978 Walla Walla College, B.A. in Chemistry
- 1978-1982 Loma Linda University School of Medicine- MD degree
- 1982-1983 Pontiac General Hospital, MI. - General Surgery
- 1983-1988 University of Michigan affiliated program - General Surgery
- 1988-1989 Baylor College of Medicine-St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital - Hand and Microsurgery
- American Board of Surgery, 1989
- Surgery of the Hand Certified, 1992, 2001, 2011
Publications / Research:
- Schwartz, S. and Vyhmeister, E.,
“Surgical Pros and Cons,” S.G.O., 160:352, 1985
- Vyhmeister, E. and Khalid, M.
“Coaxial Needle Biopsy of Lung Lesions Guided by Computer Tomography: a Safer Technique,” S.G.O., 166:177, 1988
- Medical Device Invention and Development